The purpose of TL 9000 is to define the unique communications quality system requirements for design, development, production, delivery, and service. In addition, it specifies measurements for companies to help evaluate the effectiveness of quality implementation and improvement programs.
As a result, the TL 9000 is a two-part quality system with significant management andmeasurement components. In particular, TL 9000 certified organizations are required to comply with:
- All requirements clauses of the International Standards ISO 9001:2000
- Telecom-specific requirements that apply to all registrations
- Telecom-specific requirements that apply to hardware, software and/or service registrations
- Telecom industry measurements that apply in all product categories
- Telecom industry measurements that apply in certain product categories specific to hardware, software and/or services