AWS-CAWI (Certified Associate Welding Inspector)
AWS-CAWI is a certification program of American Welding Society (AWS) other than CWI/SCWI.
This course is helpful for those welding professionals who do not qualify for the AWS-CWI certification. It require 2 Years experience with degree in Engineering.
The CAWI (Certified Associate Welding Inspector) is a well known reputed certification, recognized equally at national & international level, and top companies always depend on AWS-CWI certification when ensuring the highest level of quality of employee. With Eurotech, you will find this career path lucrative and worthwhile. This AWS-CWI certification can take you to a career that is engaging and promising on all levels. If you require a steady career where you will thrive and achieve your goal, then the AWS-CWI certification is for you.
Functions of CAWI:
- Able to perform to Inspections, under the direct supervision of SCWI or CWI within the Audible and Visible range.
Benefits to Industry:
- Minimize failure and Recall
- Uniquely boost sales advantage over foreign and Domestic Competition
- Save money on Training and testing
- Maximization of product liability protection.
- Maintain preferred Quality and Workmanship, while improving productivity and efficiency of your company.
Do you qualify for AWS-CAWI Exam?
To become a Certified Associate Welding Inspector (CAWI), you must clear a vision test and have a combination of qualifying education and work experience, with required documentation:
10+2 or High School Diploma
At least 8th Grade
Less than 8th Grade
At least 8th Grade with minimum 1 year Vocational education and training in Welding curriculum
|Degree in Engineering, Technology or physical science|
AWS-CAWI Three part Examination:
Like AWS-CWI, CAWI also consists of Three parts Exam- A,B and C. To clear the AWS-CAWI exam you have to score minimum marks in each subject and Aggregate as well.
No. of Questions
Min. Percentage Required
|Part A- Fundamentals||150||60%|
|Part B- Practical||46|
|3.||Part C-Code Book||46|
Minimum marks required to get AWS-CAWI is 60% in aggregate.
AWS-CAWI examination consists of three parts:
- Code Book
Examinations will be given as follows, subject to change depending on the schedules of guest lecturers and at times when technical demonstrations are held over from one class to the next:
Part A: FUNDAMENTALS
- Welding Processes
- Heat Control and Metallurgy (carbon and low-alloy steel)
- Weld Examination
- Welding Performance
- Definitions and Terminology
- Symbols-Welding and NDE
- Test Methods-NDE
- Reports and Records
- Duties and Responsibilities
- Destructive Test
PART B: PRACTICAL
- Procedure and Welder Qualifications
- Mechanical Test and Properties
- Welding Inspection and Flaws
- Utilization of specifications and Drawings
PART C: CODE BOOK APPLICATIONS
- API 1104- Welding of Pipelines
AWS-CAWI Re-exam is used to be for those candidates who had given the AWS-CAWI exam, but do not qualify for the AWS-CAWI exam.
Criteria for giving AWS-CAWI Re-exam:
- If the candidate average score is below 60%, then he has to re-appear for all parts.
- If the candidate score is 60% or above but he fails in any part then he has to reappear for all parts to get CAWI.
*Fees for Re-exam will be 900 USD
Unlike CWI or SCWI, CAWI holder can’t renew his CAWI certification. Only way is either he can upgrade his certification to CWI or he can retest for the AWS-CWI all parts with minimum 72% marks in average.
A person can hold the AWS-CAWI certification for only 3 years.
- If a person score 60% or above, he gets CAWI certification. If not, then he has to re- appear for the CAWI.
- If the average score of candidate is 72% or above, then he can upgrade to CWI. He will get CWI after 2 years.
- If the candidate doesn’t score 72%, then he can’t upgrade to CWI. To get CWI, he has to make fresh application for CWI.
*Upgrade price CAWI to CWI – 500 USD.