Eurotech Assessment and Certification Services Pvt. Ltd. (EACS) is providing variety of accredited services to include American Welding Society (AWS) Certified Welding Sales Representative (CWSR) AWS CWI Training Seminar and Exam, NDT/DT Training and Certification, Welder Qualification Certification and Training, CE Marking Certification Service, Electrical Testing Service, Social Audit Service and many more services from its office at Mohali (Near Chandigarh), Punjab -16055, India.
Eurotech Assessment and Certification Services is one of the select organizations approved and empanelled for conducting the Welder Training services in India. Please visit AWS, Miami, USA website for our organization Educational Company Member name on the website https://app. aws.org /membership/list.html?type=educational.
Welding sales representatives serve a very important function in the welding industry. They are the conduit for information concerning new technologies that can improve the productivity, reliability, and quality of welding processes. Knowledgeable welding sales representatives also offer manufacturers invaluable technical support and guidance in the appropriate application of welding technologies. Examination topics establish your level of knowledge concerning:
MODULE 1 – Standard Welding Terms and Definitions
MODULE 2 – Safety in Welding, Cutting, and Related Processes
MODULE 3 – Shielding Gas Application
MODULE 4 – Electrical Requirements of Welding Power Supplies
MODULE 5 – Shielded Metal Arc Welding
MODULE 6 – Gas Tungsten Arc Welding
MODULE 7 – Gas Metal Arc Welding
MODULE 8 – Flux Cored Arc Welding
MODULE 9 – Submerged Arc Welding
MODULE 10 – Welding Procedures & Procedure Qualification Records
MODULE 11 – Cutting Processes
MODULE 12 – Brazing and Soldering
Duration and Fee
Eurotech conducts the AWS Welding Sales Representative Seminar in three day time (24 hr) schedule.
The fee for the AWS Welding Sales Representative Seminar would be Rs 25000/- plus GST 18% per candidate. Minimum four candidates would be mandatory for in house training.
Prerequisites to qualify for the AWS Certified Welding Sales Representative program include a high school diploma or equivalent and at least five years of experience in an occupational function in direct relation to the sales of welding equipment, cutting equipment, and supplies and other related services.
If you have less than five years of experience, you can still qualify by submitting verifiable proof of at least two years’ experience, along with a training certificate of completion for welding processes, cutting processes and filler metals.
Completion of the AWS Certified Welding Sales Representative seminar fulfills the training certificate requirement. By taking the seminar, a Sales Representative with between two and five years of relevant experience would be qualified.
How to Appear in Exam?
Provided you meet the program's requirements, you can take a two-hour exam to establish your credentials. AWS also offers an online seminar and examination package combination.
The certification of the AWS Welding Sales Representative is online process with the AWS website. Online registration and certification would be conducted through the AWS portal. The online fee for the certification is $ 600 (USD). The details of the seminar and certification are available at https://www.aws.org/certification/ detail/certified-welding-sales-representative .
Eurotech would require enclosed Application and supporting documents as per the list available on above link. The exam will be conducted through online mode at the Prometric centres located at major Indian cities. Eurotech can accept the application, payment and forward to AWS for processing. AWS will give us prometric exam invitation letter with prometric code that would be forwarded to the candidate and thereafter the candidate can select date and venue as per his choice.
Minimum number of questions: 60
Minimum percentage: 70%
The CWSR examination is two hours long and consists of 60 multiple choice questions. The exam will be given in a closed book format. Certified welding sales representative candidates shall pass (with a minimum of 70% correct answers) the CWSR written examination subjects are listed in AWS B5.14, Specification for the Qualification of Welding Sales Representatives.
Recommended examination subjects and subject weights are given below.
Recommended Examination Subjects and Weights
- Examination Subject Percentage (%)
- Gas metal arc welding (GMAW) 9%
- Gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW) 9%
- Flux-cored arc welding (FCAW) 9%
- Shielded metal arc welding (SMAW) 9%
- Submerged arc welding (SAW) 4%
- Safety in welding, cutting, and related processes 4%
- Safety in gas cylinder storage and handling 2%
- Brazing and soldering 4%
- AWS filler metal classification guidelines 9%
- Shielding gas applications 9%
- Welding terms and definitions 9%
- Welding fume extracting and ventilation 4%
- Basic electrical requirements of welding power supplies 4%
- Cutting processes 4%
- Welding procedures and procedure qualification records 2%
- *Percentages indicate the minimum suggested percentage in each examination subject therefore the total given is less than 100%.
Recommended Self-Study for Examination
The examination questions shall be referenced from the following publications:
- ANSI Z49.1, Safety in Welding, Cutting, and Allied Processes
- AWS A3.0, Standard Welding Terms and Definitions
- AWS A5.01M/A5.01, Procurement Guidelines for Consumables- Welding and Allied Processes-
Flux and Gas Shielded Electrical Welding Processes
- AWS A5.32/A5.32M, Specification for Welding Shielding Gases
- AWS F3.2M/F3.2, Ventilation Guide for Weld Fume· Brazing Handbook, 5th Edition,
- Modern Welding Technology, 5th Edition, Howard Cary, Prentice Hall
- Soldering Handbook, 3rd Edition, American Welding Society
- Welding Handbook Volume 1: Welding Science and Technology, 9th Edition
- Welding Handbook Volume 2: Welding Processes, 9th Edition, American Welding Society